I’m honoured to be nominated for the Liebster Blog Award – it’s a great feeling! Thank you Kate from Happiness Is Contagious.
Post the award on your blog
Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog
Write 11 random facts about yourself
Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter
Nominate 11 bloggers you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers
Ask your nominees 11 questions
My 11 random facts:
1. I love fresh Moroccan mint tea
2. Sun and blue skies make life better
3. Lists are essential – especially my everyday To Do list
4. I was born in the year of the Tiger and am star sign Leo
5. Deep purple is my favourite colour
6. I mostly drink water – by the pint glass
7. I like taking photos, collecting stuff (e.g. stationery) and keep all kinds of things to scrapbook (e.g. tickets)
8. I’ve been to 22 countries in 3 continents
9. Bizarre but true: Coffee often makes me really hot and I can’t wear blocks of bright colour because they make me feel ill
10. A builders brew, comfy sofa, blanket and a great film/TV series makes the best night in
11. My favourite music is all 90’s stuff, like Save Tonight by Eagle Eye Cherry.
11 Questions from Kate:
1. Why did you start blogging?
As a way to keep family and friends up to date about my travels in Colorado, California and Africa – and it’s kind of carried on from there!
2. What is one thing that always makes you happy?
Nandos, no matter how bad my day has been.
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Australia. I’ve always wanted to go and would love to see the whole country and visit my family there at the same time.
4. Favorite dessert?
I have a massive sweet tooth so this is really hard! A big slice of moist chocolate fudge cake with chocolate sauce and real vanilla ice cream is always a winner.
5. Do you have a favorite reading spot? If so, where at and why?
I like to read at home, usually sat in bed wrapped in my duvet because it’s warm, cosy and quiet. My little retreat.
6. Have you ever been told that you look like a celebrity? If so, which one?
Haha of all the questions! Since my teens, most people who meet me for the first time tell me I look like Julia Stiles. Once, a group of girls mistook me for her and surrounded me in my local town centre asking for an autograph!
7. What is your dream job?
One that lets me be creative and travel, but is also fulfilling.
8. If you could be any fictional character, who would it be?
Ooh, probably one of Enid Blyton’s Famous Five characters – I literally loved those books as a child, they always had such carefree fun exploring outdoors and so many adventures!
9. What would your superpower be?
To fly would be cool – I could go stateside whenever I wanted, but then telepathy, precognition and the power to heal would be really useful.
10. You are given a shopping spree at any store, where do you choose to go?
Selfridges department store in London, for their fantastic choice and the in store experience.
11. Who is/was one of your role models and why?
I’ve never really thought of anyone as a role model, although the people I have come into contact with have influenced my behaviour, definitely. I was the big sister, so probably relied on watching what friends did because I didn’t have an older sibling at home to look up to.
My nominees for the Liebster Blog Award:
3rd kulture thoughts
The Friday Rejoicer
Fifty in 365 days
Writer on the rocks
Practicing My (Gray)Scales
Living the Tiny Life
Paid to Exist
Traveling Lady in Combat Boots
My 11 questions for you are:
- How did you decide your blog name?
- What’s the one piece of advice you’d give your younger self?
- Where would you love to travel to in the future?
- Sweet or savoury?
- If you only had time to save one thing in your home, what would it be?
- What does your dream home look like?
- Where is your favourite place in the world entire world?
- Cat or dog?
- Which season is your favourite and why?
- What are your goals for the next two years?
- What one thing makes it feel like Christmas to you?